No Matter the Number of Safety Rails You Implement, Safety Should be Top Priority
Focusing on roof safety is imperative in any type of industry where workers are subjected to dangerous heights. And no matter the number of safety rails you implement, if safety isn't the top priority, there can be some very serious repercussions. A company that has a strong safety program and puts an emphasis on safety will benefit by:
- Having fewer work-related accidents.
- Having a lower risk of liability.
- Having peace of mind knowing your place of work is as safe as possible.
Falls from heights is one of the biggest causes of injury and death for those who work at heights including roofers, electricians, construction workers and solar panel installers. And they risk more than just falls off the roof, they can fall through gaps or holes in the roof, roof lights or through fragile roof materials.
This is why it is a smart move to employ the services of experts when considering roof safety. Roof safety is far more than just lining a roof edge with safety rails, you need a roof safety system. When choosing a roof safety system, the following should be considered:
- The number of workers who will be using the system at any given time.
- How frequently the system is used.
- Roof entry and exit points.
- The absence or presence of a slope on the roof.
Now, these are just a few questions that need to be considered when shopping a roof safety system. For further details concerning roof safety system, feel free to contact us.