The Alarming Truth About Labor Environments
This is a compilation of data and articles linked to on this site regarding workplace safety, as well as additional statistics from OSHA, the Department of Labor, and Center for Disease Control:
- Just under 800 fatal workplace falls in 2014.
- Over 76,000 non-fatal work-related falls resulting in injury in 2009 alone.
- Falls are the second leading cause of work-related fatalities in the U.S., and 20% occur while operating ladders.
- In 2012, there were 5 fatalities resulting solely from falling through uncovered skylights.
- Despite new regulations, injuries and workplace accidents have been steadily on the rise over the past decades.
Workplace falls should never be an accepted risk of operating above ground, and the sad fact is that most falls could have been easily prevented simply by having the proper safety equipment. Even choosing to set aside concern for the well-being of those entrusting you with their employment, the costs of OSHA citations, litigations, and settlements are massive. There is no worst case scenario that could make proper safety rails not worth the cost. Don’t let you or your workers be statistics — get a quote from Safety Rail Company today!