Many times on flat roofs, there are roof hatches or mechanical equipment right next to the roof edge where people need access. With little room to provide fall protection, these areas often go unguarded because no easily adaptable solution can be found. Now the Parapet Wall Railing from Safety Rail Company addresses these areas with a custom-fabricated railing section that wraps around this equipment with a "U" shaped railing section and provides a barrier between the equipment and the leading edge.
Using the Parapet Wall Railing Around Rooftop Equipment:
The Parapet Wall railing section is used in conjunction with our SRC Mobile Fall Protection Railing system. This railing is simply dropped into our weighted base to provide an unbroken line of fall protection around equipment that is close to, or right up to, the roof edge. As the name implies, the Parapet Wall railing also can be used to provide guarding over the top of parapet walls for equipment right next to the roof edge.
How to Request a Quote:
Parapet Wall railings are available from 5' to 10' lengths. Generally, size the railings to a minimum of 2' larger than the area you are wrapping around. If using this railing over the top of a parapet wall, let us know the height of the wall. That's it! Don't worry about making a mistake; we will give you a drawing so you can see exactly how this lays out.
Advantages of SRC Parapet Wall Railing
- Meets and exceeds OSHA regulations for fall protection. Tested and independently certified to be in accordance with OSHA fall protection for guardrail regulations, sections 1910.23 & 1926.500–1926.503.
- Simple installation — pre-fabricated railing sections means no custom fabrication of guard rails.
- Railing will be 42" tall in the base. Railing length is available in 1-foot increments ranging from 5 feet to 10 feet, measured to the center of each leg.
- Highly effective as hazard barriers. Commonly used for rooftop fall protection for equipment right next to the roof edge.
Other Features of Our Safety Rail and Guardrail Systems
- American Welding Society certified welders ensure the highest standard of quality construction.
- Powder-coated safety yellow for visibility and high corrosion resistance.
- Custom colors and galvanizing available.
- Custom designs and engineering available.
OSHA citations for lack of fall protection are significant, but ultimately nothing compared to the human and financial cost of a workplace fall fatality. Let Safety Rail Company assist you in your fall protection planning.
Our sales staff and engineering department can assist you in specifying a complete plan for your fall protection issues. We will be happy to help determine the exact quantities and length of rail required for your project and present it to you in a detailed 3D CAD model — no charge. Safety Rail Company is here to make fall protection solutions safe, easy, and affordable. Call or email Safety Rail Company today!