The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Rail System is an OSHA-compliant passive fall-protection system. Commonly used around roof hatch or scuttle openings and smoke vents. Our unique design utilizes weighted cast iron base plates around an opening. Steel guardrails are pinned into the base, forming a ballasted system designed to meet the OSHA fall protection standards. No mechanical connection or drilling into the substrate or roof hatch is required. The system is completely free-standing and non-penetrating.
Using the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing at Roof Hatches:
OSHA states that all roof hatches must have fall protection guards installed around them. They are an obvious open hole in the roof when open. The number of injuries and fatalities surrounding roof hatches is high. OSHA makes no distinction between an open hole in the roof and a roof hatch. The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railings — a versatile system used primarily for perimeter fall protection — is just one of several solutions from Safety Rail Company for roof hatch guarding. Simply set the weighted base plate in position, insert the railing, pin together, and you've got a completely OSHA compliant fall protection solution.
How many different people access your roof to do maintenance or inspections and walk or work around roof hatches? Probably more than you think. Our fall protection systems will give you peace of mind, knowing that the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System is always there, always protecting against the unthinkable.
How to Request a Quote:
Look at the roof hatch and measure the widest part. This is usually near the bottom where it meets the roof. Add 2' to your dimensions to allow the base plates to nest around the skylight. For a 3'x5' roof hatch, figure 5'x7'. Request a quote for (1) 5' railing, (1) 5’ gate system, (2) 7’ railings, and (4) base plates. We will add the pins that hold the railings and base plates together. That's it! Don't worry about making a mistake; we will give you a drawing so you can see exactly how this lays out.
If you'd like to see other roof hatch guarding options, consider this product.
Advantages of SRC 360 Mobile Railings
- Meets and exceeds OSHA regulations for fall protection. Tested and independently certified to be in accordance with OSHA fall protection for guardrail regulations, sections 1910.23 & 1926.500–1926.503.
- Simple installation — pre-fabricated railing sections means no custom fabrication of guard rails.
- Railing will be 42" tall in the base. Railing length is available in 1-foot increments ranging from 2 feet to 10 feet, measured to the center of each leg.
- Highly effective as hazard barriers. Commonly used for rooftop fall protection, skylights, dock doors, construction and excavation sites, new building construction, mezzanines, pier and rail yard protection, crowd control, and more.
Other Features of Our Safety Rail and Guardrail Systems
- Simple & inexpensive self-closing safety gates or manual closing safety gates available
- American Welding Society certified welders ensure the highest standard of quality construction.
- Powder-coated safety yellow for visibility and high corrosion resistance.
- Custom colors and galvanizing available.
- Custom designs and engineering available.
OSHA citations for lack of fall protection are significant, but ultimately nothing compared to the human and financial cost of a workplace fall fatality. Let Safety Rail Company assist you in your fall protection planning.
Our sales staff and engineering department can assist you in specifying a complete plan for your fall protection issues. We will be happy to help determine the exact quantities and length of rail required for your project and present it to you in a detailed 3D CAD model — no charge. Safety Rail Company is here to make fall protection solutions safe, easy, and affordable. Call or email Safety Rail Company today!