The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Rail System is an OSHA-compliant passive fall-protection system. The SRC 360 Safety Railing System is designed to be used at or around leading edge fall hazard areas to prevent workers from being exposed to the fall hazard itself. Our unique design utilizes weighted cast iron base plates around workplace safety hazards. Steel guardrails are pinned into the base, forming a ballasted system designed to meet the OSHA fall protection standards. No mechanical connection or drilling into the substrate is required. The system is completely free-standing and non-penetrating.
Using the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing Around Rooftop Equipment:
Anytime there is mechanical equipment located within 15 feet of a roof edge or leading edge fall hazard, fall protection must be provided for the workers servicing the equipment. The best solution is to provide a barrier fall protection system between the fall hazard and the area the worker is working in, thereby surrounding them in an OSHA compliant enclosure.
Barrier systems such as the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System allow workers to go about their work without being tethered to an OSHA compliant fixed or mobile anchorage device. This freedom of movement greatly increases worker productivity and takes the headache of worker compliance and training out of the equation.
How many different people access your roof to do maintenance or inspections? Probably more than you think. Our fall protection systems will give you peace of mind, knowing that the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System is always there, always protecting against the unthinkable.
How to Request a Quote:
Let's say you have an HVAC unit six feet from a roof edge. It measures 4' wide x 4' deep. We want to give workers room to move around the unit, so let's give them 3' on each side — that means you will need a 10' railing between the roof edge and the unit. Then we always add (1) 5' railing on each end of the 10' railing to form a large "U" shape. It doesn't matter how many 10' railings you have in a straight line, but wherever you start or stop that run, always add (1) 5' railing section at each end to form the "U" shaped setup. The last step is the base plates. Whenever you have a "U" shaped setup, simply count the number of railing sections and add (1) extra base plate. In this case, we have (3) railings, therefore (4) base plates are required. We will add the pins that hold the railings and base plates together. That's it! Don't worry about making a mistake; we will give you a drawing so you can see exactly how this lays out.
- Designed for low-slope roofs or inclines not to exceed 1:12 pitch.
- 5’ return railings must be placed at each free end of leading edge railings.
- System must be pinned together.
- System must be installed on sound substrate.
Advantages of SRC 360 Mobile Railings
- Meets and exceeds OSHA regulations for fall protection. Tested and independently certified to be in accordance with OSHA fall protection for guardrail regulations, sections 1910.23 & 1926.500–1926.503.
- Simple installation — pre-fabricated railing sections means no custom fabrication of guard rails.
- Free-standing, non-penetrating design makes installation easy without tools or holes in the roof.
- Railing will be 42" tall in the base. Railing length is available in 1-foot increments ranging from 2 feet to 10 feet, measured to the center of each leg.
- Highly effective as hazard barriers. Commonly used for rooftop fall protection, skylights, dock doors, construction and excavation sites, new building construction, mezzanines, pier and rail yard protection, crowd control, and more.
Other Features of Our Safety Rail and Guardrail Systems
- Simple & inexpensive self-closing safety gates or manual closing safety gates available.
- American Welding Society certified welders ensure the highest standard of quality construction.
- Powder-coated safety yellow for visibility and high corrosion resistance.
- Custom colors and galvanizing available.
- Custom designs and engineering available.
OSHA citations for lack of fall protection are significant, but ultimately nothing compared to the human and financial cost of a workplace fall fatality. Let Safety Rail Company assist you in your fall protection planning.
Our sales staff and engineering department can assist you in specifying a complete plan for your fall protection issues. We will be happy to help determine the exact quantities and length of rail required for your project and present it to you in a detailed 3D CAD model — no charge. Safety Rail Company is here to make fall protection solutions safe, easy, and affordable. Call or email Safety Rail Company today!