The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Rail System is an OSHA compliant passive fall-protection system. Skylights are one popular application. Our unique design utilizes weighted cast iron base plates around the skylight. Steel guardrails are pinned are into the base, forming a ballasted system designed to meet the OSHA fall protection standards. No mechanical connection or drilling into the substrate or skylight is required. The system is completely free-standing and non-penetrating.
Using the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing Around Skylights:
OSHA states that all skylights be rated for fall protection or have guards installed on them that are rated for fall protection. The number of injuries and fatalities surrounding skylights is staggering. OSHA makes no distinction between an open hole in the roof and a skylight. Most skylights on the market are not rated for fall protection — they never were. What condition are they likely to be in after sitting on the roof for 20 years? The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System is one solution of many from Safety Rail Company for skylight guarding.
The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing system is one of the most versatile products on the roof. Used primarily for perimeter fall protection, this free-standing, non-penetrating railing system can also be used for guarding skylights. This railing system can easily protect large banks of skylights or even the less common flush-mounted, pyramid shaped, or round skylights. Simply set the weighted base plate in position, insert the railing, pin together, and you've got a completely OSHA-compliant fall protection solution.
How many different people access your roof to do maintenance or inspections, and walk or work around skylights? It's probably more than you think. Our fall protection systems will give you peace of mind, knowing that the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System is always there, always protecting against the unthinkable.
How to Request a Quote:
Look at the skylight and measure the widest part. This is usually near the bottom where it meets the roof. Add 2' to your dimensions to allow the base plates to nest around the skylight. For a 6'x6' skylight, figure 8'x8'. Request a quote for (4) 8' railings and (4) base plates. We will add the pins that hold the railings and base plates together. That's it! Don't worry about making a mistake; we will give you a drawing so you can see exactly how this lays out.
If you want to see other skylight guarding options, view the product category here.
Advantages of SRC 360 Mobile Railings
- Meets and exceeds OSHA regulations for fall protection. Tested and independently certified to be in accordance with OSHA fall protection for guardrail regulations, sections 1910.23 & 1926.500–1926.503.
- Simple installation — pre-fabricated railing sections means no custom fabrication of guard rails.
- Railing will be 42" tall in the base. Railing length is available in 1-foot increments ranging from 2 feet to 10 feet, measured to the center of each leg.
- Highly effective as hazard barriers. Commonly used for rooftop fall protection, skylights, dock doors, construction and excavation sites, new building construction, mezzanines, pier and rail yard protection, crowd control, and more.
Other Features of Our Safety Rail and Guardrail Systems
- Simple & inexpensive self-closing safety gates or manual closing safety gates available.
- American Welding Society certified welders ensure the highest standard of quality construction.
- Powder-coated safety yellow for visibility and high corrosion resistance.
- Custom colors and galvanizing available.
- Custom designs and engineering available.
OSHA citations for lack of fall protection are significant, but ultimately nothing compared to the human and financial cost of a workplace fall fatality. Let Safety Rail Company assist you in your fall protection planning.
Our sales staff and engineering department can assist you in specifying a complete plan for your fall protection issues. We will be happy to help determine the exact quantities and length of rail required for your project and present it to you in a detailed 3D CAD model — no charge. Safety Rail Company is here to make fall protection solutions safe, easy, and affordable. Call or email Safety Rail Company today!