Our Flush Mount Removable Safety Guardrail systems are the perfect solution for fall protection around pits or holes where having a railing holder standing above the floor is not an option, while having the versatility to remove the railing when you don't need it.
Permanent Flush Mount Guardrail System:
The flush mount railing holder is designed to wrap over the edge of a pit, such as a shipping pit. Often times, shipping pits will have a 3” angle iron embedded into the concrete to protect the edge. The flush mount railing holder wraps over the top of this angle iron, allowing it to be drilled into the floor behind the angle iron and then to face of the pit below. This flush-mounted guardrail system has two versions of wall-mounted railing holders. A single post receiver acts as the first and last piece of a safety railing installation. The double post receiver acts as the intermediate receiver for in-line railing runs.
The railing sections are the other component of our permanent, OSHA-compliant fall protection guardrail system. This railing is inserted and pinned into our Flush Mounted Permanent base plate. When the entire system has been installed according to manufacturer's instructions, you will have an OSHA compliant fall protection railing system that has been mechanically attached to a concrete floor or suitable substrate without costly custom rail installation. The railing can be removed from the base plate while the mount plate remains anchored securely.
How to Request a Quote:
Let's say you want a quote on 50 feet of safety guardrail. First, determine the length of railings you will need — in this case, for 50 feet, (5) 10 foot railing sections will work. For the railing wall mounts, the rule of thumb to follow is that there will always be (1) extra mount for the number of railings installed. The first and last mount in this run will always be a single post mount — therefore you will need (2) of these. That means you will need (4) double post mounts for intermediate railing legs. That's it! The only exception is if you have a 90 degree turn — in that case, just consider the new direction a new and separate run. Begin with (2) single mounts and the appropriate number of double post mounts. Don't worry about making a mistake; we will give you a drawing so you can see exactly how this lays out.
Advantages of Flush Mounted Guardrail Systems:
- Meets and exceeds OSHA regulations for fall protection. Tested and independently certified to be in accordance with OSHA fall protection for guardrail regulations, sections 1910.23 & 1926.500 1926.503.
- Allows railing holder attachment on shipping pits where an angle iron has been embedded in the concrete.
- Simple installation — pre-fabricated railing sections means no custom fabrication of guard rails.
- Railing will be 48" tall in the base to maintain railing height that is 42" above the walking surface. Railing length is available in 1 foot increments ranging from 2 feet to 10 feet, measured to the center of each leg.
Other Features of Our Safety Rail and Guardrail Systems
- Simple & inexpensive self-closing safety gates or manual closing safety gates available.
- American Welding Society certified welders ensure the highest standard of quality construction.
- Powder-coated safety yellow for visibility and high corrosion resistance.
- Custom colors and galvanizing available.
- Custom designs and engineering available.
OSHA citations for lack of fall protection are significant, but ultimately nothing compared to the human and financial cost of a workplace fall fatality. Let Safety Rail Company assist you in your fall protection planning.
Our sales staff and engineering department can assist you in specifying a complete plan for your fall protection issues. We will be happy to help determine the exact quantities and length of rail required for your project and present it to you in a detailed 3D CAD model — no charge. Safety Rail Company is here to make fall protection solutions safe, easy, and affordable. Call or email Safety Rail Company today!