The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Rail System is an OSHA-compliant passive fall-protection system. The SRC 360 Safety Railing System is designed to be used at or around leading edge fall hazard areas to prevent workers from being exposed to the fall hazard itself. Our unique design utilizes weighted cast iron base plates around workplace safety hazards. Steel guardrails are pinned into the base, forming a ballasted system designed to meet the OSHA fall protection standards. No mechanical connection or drilling into the substrate is required. The system is completely free-standing and non-penetrating.
Using the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing at Rooftop Perimeters:
On flat commercial roofs, OSHA states that there is no "safe distance" from the roof edge. This speaks volumes about just how hazardous these areas can be. But the reality is that access to the roof edge or close proximity to it is necessary at times. So what should you do? The best solution is to provide a barrier fall protection system between the fall hazard and the area where the worker is working, thereby surrounding them in an OSHA-compliant enclosure. In other words, isolate people from the hazard.
Barrier systems such as the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System allow workers to go about their work without being tethered to an OSHA-compliant fixed or mobile anchorage device. This freedom of movement greatlyincreases worker productivity and takes the headache of worker compliance and training out of the equation. The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System can be installed along entire roof perimeters, providing a comprehensive, 100% fall protection solution. Alternatively, it can be installed just around specific equipment or access points where people will be working.
How many different people access your roof to do maintenance or inspections? Probably more than you think. Our fall protection systems will give you peace of mind, knowing that the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System is always there, always protecting against the unthinkable.
How to Request a Quote:
Let's say you have a building roof that is 250 feet x 350 feet. There is a lot of equipment on the roof, so enclosing the perimeter seems to be the best solution. The first rule of thumb we follow is to use the longest railings we can to minimize the number of base plates needed and reduce cost. So for 250 feet, we would need (25) 10' railings, plus (35) for the 350' side. Then multiply both sides x (2) to enclose the roof, which equals (120) 10' railings. Each railing requires a base plate, so (120) of those will be required as well. We will add the pins that hold the railings and base plates together. That's it! Don't worry about making a mistake; we will give you a drawing so you can see exactly how this lays out.
If you want to set up smaller sections, view this product to see how to request a quote.
Advantages of SRC 360 Mobile Railings:
- Meets and exceeds OSHA regulations for fall protection. Tested and independently certified to be in accordance with OSHA fall protection for guardrail regulations, sections 1910.29 & 1926.500–1926.503.
- Simple installation — pre-fabricated railing sections means no custom fabrication of guard rails.
- Railing will be 42" tall in the base. Railing length is available in 1-foot increments ranging from 2 feet to 10 feet, measured to the center of each leg.
- Highly effective as hazard barriers. Commonly used for rooftop fall protection, skylights, dock doors, construction and excavation sites, new building construction, mezzanines, pier and rail yard protection, crowd control, and more.
Other Features of Our Safety Rail and Guardrail Systems:
- American Welding Society certified welders ensure the highest standard of quality construction.
- Powder-coated safety yellow for visibility and high corrosion resistance.
- Custom colors and galvanizing available.
- Custom designs and engineering available.
OSHA citations for lack of fall protection are significant, but ultimately nothing compared to the human and financial cost of a workplace fall fatality. Let Safety Rail Company assist you in your fall protection planning.
Our sales staff and engineering department can assist you in specifying a complete plan for your fall protection issues. We will be happy to help determine the exact quantities and length of rail required for your project and present it to you in a detailed 3D CAD model — no charge. Safety Rail Company is here to make fall protection solutions safe, easy, and affordable. Call or email Safety Rail Company today!