The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Rail System is an OSHA-compliant passive fall protection system. This system is designed to be used at or around leading edge fall hazard areas to prevent workers from being exposed to the fall hazard itself. Our unique design utilizes weighted cast iron base plates around workplace safety hazards. Steel guardrails are pinned into the base, forming a ballasted system designed to meet the OSHA fall protection standards. No mechanical connection or drilling into the substrate is required. The system is completely free-standing and non-penetrating.
Using SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing Around Courtyards and Pits:
Many buildings have center courtyards that are surrounded by 3-4 sides of the building. From the rooftop, these areas pose a particular hazard to workers who can and do inadvertently walk or fall into these openings. The SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System is the perfect OSHA-compliant fall protection solution to guarding these perimeters.
Because people often occupy these courtyard areas, aesthetics may be an important consideration. That's why we offer safety railing options like the sleek styling of Architectural Safety Railings, inconspicuous Fold-Down Railings, and a variety of colors and finishes to blend in with the building, perceived as unobtrusive and natural to the viewer. All the while, our fall protection systems will give you peace of mind, knowing that the SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System is always there, always protecting against the unthinkable.
How to Request a Quote:
Let's say you have a courtyard that measures 46' x 96'. According to OSHA, the entire perimeter must be guarded. Factor in a 2' setback on all sides for this type of installation. That means our measurements are now 50' x 100'. We want to use 10' railings if possible to minimize the number of base plates needed. 50' divided by 10' = 5, and 100' divided by 10' = 10. In total, you will need (30) 10' railings. Each railing requires a base plate, so you also need (30) base plates. We will add the pins that hold the railings and base plates together. That's it! Don't worry about making a mistake; we will give you a drawing so you can see exactly how this lays out. If you want us to figure what you need for railings, just give us the dimensions of the courtyard — we'll take it from there.
- Designed for low-slope roofs or inclines not to exceed 1:12 pitch.
- 5’ return railings must be used must be placed at each free end of leading edge railings.
- System must be pinned together.
- System must be installed on sound substrate.
Advantages of SRC 360 Mobile Safety Railing System
- Meets and exceeds OSHA regulations for fall protection. Tested and independently certified to be in accordance with OSHA fall protection for guardrail regulations, sections 1910.23 & 1926.500–1926.503.
- Simple installation — pre-fabricated railing sections means no custom fabrication of guard rails.
- Railing will be 42" tall in the base. Railing length is available in 1-foot increments ranging from 2 feet to 10 feet, measured to the center of each leg.
- Highly effective as hazard barriers. Commonly used for rooftop fall protection, dock doors, construction and excavation sites, new building construction, mezzanines, pier and rail yard protection, crowd control, and more.
Other Features of Our Safety Rail and Guardrail Systems
- Simple & inexpensive self-closing safety gates or manual closing safety gates available.
- American Welding Society certified welders ensure the highest standard of quality construction.
- Powder-coated safety yellow for visibility and high corrosion resistance.
- Custom colors and galvanizing available.
- Custom designs and engineering available.
OSHA citations for lack of fall protection are significant, but ultimately nothing compared to the human and financial cost of a workplace fall fatality. Let Safety Rail Company assist you in your fall protection planning.
Our sales staff and engineering department can assist you in specifying a complete plan for your fall protection issues. We will be happy to help determine the exact quantities and length of rail required for your project and present it to you in a detailed 3D CAD model — no charge. Safety Rail Company is here to make fall protection solutions safe, easy, and affordable. Call or email Safety Rail Company today!